Dentist in Pflugerville, TX explains caring for your dentures
Patients who have obtained full dentures may be unsure as to what they need to do to extend their longevity and maintain their ability to eat and speak properly. Pflugerville, TX dentist, Dr. Jordan Tucker, provides services to enhance the smile and can educate you on tips and recommendations for caring for your dentures.
What are full dentures?
Many patients are aware of what full dentures are and how they work. These restorations replace the entire arch of teeth with an acrylic restoration that includes both false teeth and gums. It is made to look as real as possible to ensure patients feel confident when socializing with others. Full dentures are the most economical way for patients to replace all teeth in the smile.
Caring for your dentures
Below are a few recommendations for caring for your dentures:
- Take great care in handling your dentures. Make sure you don’t damage elements when cleaning them and avoid bending or dropping them.
- Keep dentures moist. This is important to ensure the dentures hold their shape and fit properly. Soak dentures overnight in an appropriate solution and clean effectively before putting them back in the mouth.
- Use a brush to clean the mouth after denture removal. Clean any natural teeth, the palate, and the soft tissues of the mouth with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Rinse dentures after removing from the mouth and before placing into the mouth.
- Contact your dentist if the fit changes. Because of changes that can occur to the bone of the jaw with long-time denture wearing, it is important to notify your dentist if the fit and function of the dentures change. This will reduce discomfort.
- Maintain your regular visits with Dr. Jordan Tucker. Seeing a dentist every six months for an evaluation is strongly recommended. Make sure to bring your dentures with you to your appointment to check fit and function.
Request your appointment with Dr. Jordan Tucker today!
Pflugerville area patients who are considering dentures are welcome to consult with our team to discuss their needs. At Elite Smiles of Pflugerville, TX, we offer a wide selection of services for new and current patients. Call (512) 273-7790 and connect with our professionals today!